Meet Dr. Wu
I truly love what I do. Orthodontics is unique in its ability to bring out the best in people by improving oral health and self-confidence. It lets every patient look good, feel good, and do their very best. Overall, my mission is to give every patient a great smile because I truly believe that a bright future begins with good self-esteem. The Mayo Clinic instilled in me the idea that the patient always comes first and that is what you will get at every appointment. I am very excited and looking forward to getting to know you and helping you get your beautiful smile!
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering – Duke University
- Doctor of Dental Medicine – University of Maryland
- Orthodontic Fellowship – Mayo Clinic
- Masters of Orthodontics – Mayo Clinic
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
My journey into Orthodontics started at Duke University, where I studied Biomedical Engineering. I was always drawn to healthcare and found Orthodontics to be the perfect balance in that I could care for patients while using engineering principles to create great smiles. After finishing dental school at the University of Maryland and Orthodontic residency at the prestigious Mayo Clinic, where only one resident is accepted per year, I am very happy to come home and practice in Maryland.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Middle Atlantic Association of Orthodontists
- Maryland State Society of Orthodontists
- American Board of Orthodontics
- American Dental Association
- Maryland State Dental Association
Outside the Office
When I’m not fixing smiles, I enjoy reading, exercising, traveling, and trying new things and foods. In the past few years, I’ve ran a marathon and several half marathons, climbed two mountains in the Pacific Northwest, experienced farm life and farm work, and traveled to numerous countries in Europe, South America, and Asia! I am all ears if you have restaurant suggestions and I’d love to hear about your trips as well!